MY TWO NEW PEACOCKS

sean

Hi everyone

Just thought i would show you a few pics of the 2 new peacocks i picked up from work

i have seen the blue/red ones before RED SHOULDERS , but check out the other male im not sure what

he is ?

the pink one is dull in these pictures , when he really flares up he goes a AWESOME !! HOT PINK with blue specks :)

IPB Image

im pretty sure the other peacock is a red shoulder (but im not 100% up on peacocks )

but he has sweet colours 2

IPB Image

picture of myaquaone 380 quarntine tank i keep them in there for 2 weeks minimum at the moment its got

the 2 peacocks , my new little peppermint , and 2 little plecos which will all be going int there new tanks next week

IPB Image

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS COLOURED (PINK) OB PEACOCK ??

P.S SORRY FOR CRAPPY PICTURES

WILL TAKE BETTER ONES ONCE IN BIG TANK

My guess on the peacock is a hansbaenschi red shoulder. For your info, the marble peacock is a hybrid, and many people frown on breeding them. It's a nice display fish though.

thanks for your replies guys

i know ones a red shoulder and the other ones a ob peacock

i just wanted to know if anyone else has seen the pink ones before

because i have been working at pet barn now for like 2 years and i have NEVER seen one that colour !!!!

johnnytw the shop i got them from i actually work at mate

and yes one is defiatly a RED SHOULDER

and i new the other was a ob just wasnt sure how rare the colour was

im gonna start up a 4ft peacock tank

ANYONE GOT ANY FEMALES FOR SALE ?

i got a order off bay fish the other day, bought it as assorted peacocks

:cryblow::cryblow::cryblow:

I don't know why we bother trying to retain pure bloodlines, when everyone seems to work against us.......

THIS is exactly the reason I tell people not to buy fish from local shops if they want to know what they are getting. The shops buy them as "assorted", then cannot tell the customer what they are buying <_<

I agree with Andy,As you can see now Sean wants females. So must want to breed them??, as stated remember they are a hybrid {and assorted peacocks means they are mostly in breeds ,, so no name's}Misty, there are plenty of peacocks about that have great colour, and not hybrid. But if its for display ?? then it sure is nice an colourfull!!!

yeh im with that i love keeping it pure and i beleive that the pure fish always look better anyway

and im not a fan of albino fish either i think they are ugly as hell

i have no idea what species they are.. but i tell customers at work that if they see assorted on a tank there is a high chance they will be from an assorted species of parents and they are display fish only..

i wonder if they have been white craned? it will be interesting to see how long they hold theyre colour...

a lfs near me has a tank full of pretty assorted peacocks, it looks nice but you know somethings up when you see 15-20 fully coloured peacocks in the same tank..

these peacocks did also come from bayfish but we dont order assorted we order our peacocks separtly. and no i dont wanna breed the marbled i wanna breed the red shoulder

i got rid of the pink one (gave it to my girlfriend)

Archived