Is this a Pseudotropheus saulosi Female

catalyst

I have been looking for a Pseudotropheus saulosi Female to increase my colony and the only one I can find here in SA is more orange than what I already have and is also laeger than what I have.

She looks the same colour as all the photo's on the Web but mine that I got from Seay are closer in colour to my L. caeruleus.

Would it be a Pseudotropheus saulosi?

:^:

i have seen some orange one's come through the NSWCS mini auction from time to time. mine have an orange tinge to them but i would not call it orange more bright yellow, if that makes sense

catalyst.

I can assure you 100% that they're Ps. saulosi I got them from Andy aka Hypderdive so you're questioning his quality of fish :D

Colour may also vary with the foods that you feed your fish. I have been feeding my fish soley spirulina for the past 4 months. Tetra bits will definately brighten the colour up however I dont think spirulina will do that. Im no expert in foods and colourations.

Someone else can help me here in that department.

Seay

Oh my mistake. :oops:

Im sorry I misinterpreted your post. Sorry.

Anyways here is a link of where I have uploaded some pictures of my females.

http://community.webshots.com/user/seaytaing

They're temporarily housed with my maswas (noving into my 6x2x2.5 soon), which is why I have been soley feeding them spirulina.

Was a bit of a risk because I wasnt sure on how the saulosi males would react however no casualties and no fights. Tropheus do their own thing and the saulosi do the jiggly thang :lol:

Seay

:w:

I cant see the pic sorry :8

I cut'n'pasted the link and now it works.

She looks like a saulosi to me also. The light banding occurs whenever my females are stressed out, they appear more-so when they're holding.

Or unless trying to show dominancy.

Seay

They can also get a slightly dirty appearance to them as well. You'll notice it more if you get and overabundance of males in your colony. You all have nice fish judging by the snaps. Also, saulosi and maswa! i know some purists out there wont like it but they'd look great together in a display tank.

cheers

jf

Archived