Albino BN

Camo

How much can you get for the fry? with a fish like that at least multiply the that cost by 10.

If fry are worth $5.00 then the Adult have to be worth more than $50.00 each.

80 fry in a spawn x $5.00 = $400 per spawn you will have your money back vey quickly

Sounds good on internet forum counting $400 per spawn, you have to raise the fry. there is a learning curve with all things. for early spawns could expect 80% mortality until you learn about fry raising.

cheers peter

good luck with fry raising

What is the current going rate for ablino bn fry? What will shops/wholesalers pay what should i be asking or expecting? I have a trio that has started to put out about 100 every 3 or 4 weeks. I think i already have about 400-500 from 2 to 4.5cm of the little fellas in a 4x2x2 down stairs and have just scooped another batch out of the main tank.

Cheers Chris

Well most markets can flood, but ask yourself when was the last time you saw young Bn Albino's for sale here on this forum?

l went back 7 pages on plecofanatics forum trying to find some forsale, none.

l went back 4 pages on Boronia before l found some forsale, they sold for $6 each.

On Addicted2fish, 2nd post had some forsale looks like they all sold the same day

Here on ACE l have gone back 5 pages and found no young forsale either :dntknw:

l dont know that l would call it a flooded market at the moment, :dntknw: in fact l just pulled a pair out of my display tank Monday to spawn because l have not seen too many around of late...they spawned Wed.

l will sell them at $5 each to a shop, well thats what l hope to do :B:lol3:

Regardless of how easy they are to breed, they will always be popular, and there will always be buyers, especially when all those 'fashion' breeders decide they are not making enough money and move on to something more 'now'. I used to supply local stores with common bns, and still, three years later, have calls asking for more.

I prefer brisltenose over plecos they are more active and exciting to watch, at the moment I am breeding commons. Its really up to you I purchased some off petlink for 5 dollars each and that was a bargain.

But if you dont want all the hastle of strangers coming over to your house take em to a LFS.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey limegirl you better tell all the buyer at $9,, I sold 2 of mine 6/7cm { i should say swapped }for some {6} zebs that i wanted , but not worth $80/$100 for sure. A while ago they were $15 ea now 8/7/6/5/4,,,,, Boots an all says it all ,,, I will sell them to a shop ,, well i hope to for $5,. About what Bayfish will be selling them for maybe.

Archived