Water leak

skinny

Hey guys, i was cleaning the gravel on my 6 footer with one of those basic gravel cleaners this evening.

When the tub was full i put both ends of the tube in the tank so i wouldn,t lose suction while i went and emptied the tub and mucked about in the other room. Yep, you guessed it, one end flopped out and i ended up with half a tank on the carpet. Wife not happy at all.

Hehe,

Always the way. I don't do water changes by the bucket any more, but those small syphons are so easy to start that you should probably just take it out of the water to avoid this sort of thing happening again, and getting the one who should be obeyed off side!!

Oh man I feel for ya' :lol2:

If I flood my fishroom, I'm the only one who gets angry. My wife just laughs at me :roll

I too had a bad weekend with a 3 inch split in the silicon at the base of my 5 ft leaking about 200lt of salt water over my bedroom floor!

Had to make a quick dash to Sydney (3hr) to get a new tank wich fitted the stand.

Is it possible to patch a silicon hole or would i have to remove the back pannel and re-do it?

Cheers

Hey guys, i was cleaning the gravel on my 6 footer with one of those basic gravel cleaners this evening.

When the tub was full i put both ends of the tube in the tank so i wouldn,t lose suction while i went and emptied the tub and mucked about in the other room. Yep, you guessed it, one end flopped out and i ended up with half a tank on the carpet. Wife not happy at all.

This is an absolute bugger, I remember a frantic early morning call from Aline, when one of our 4ft tanks cracked on the loungeroom carpet, since then no more tanks on carpet. Oh yes they also have their own room now as well. :lol4:

PS. Aline was happy with the new carpet that the insurance company paid for.

cya Matthew

This is an absolute bugger, I remember a frantic early morning call from Aline, when one of our 4ft tanks cracked on the loungeroom carpet, since then no more tanks on carpet. Oh yes they also have their own room now as well. :lol4:

PS. Aline was happy with the new carpet that the insurance company paid for.

cya Matthew

I hook my gravel cleaner up to the garden hose i use for doing water changes and that way i dont have to worry about stopping as the hose just runs outside on the lawn, no mess inside either.

I do exactly the same thing its so easy, but when I fill my tank back up i have to use a bucket cause I use 20 degree water from the tap, do any of you guys just use cold water from the hose for water changes? :confused:

When you run the water straight from the tap to tank, when do you put in the water conditioners and other chemicals?

I flood my laundary tub with water and keep a constant flow of water from tap but that allows me to add my chemicals ect. Have to keep an eye on it though.

hey guys

i just fill all my tanks up with water straight from the hose

i put a set of aquapure filters with a 50 micron sediment cartridge and a

5 micron carbon cartridge they are tops i dont have to add anything

to the water as they remove all the crap in sydney water :thumbup:

Mattnshez, Do those filters remove chlorine from the water? Also are these filters placed inline with the hose?

hey moldy

yes they remove all traces of chlorine, sediment, offensive taste and odour, organic chemicals, particulate contaminants, dirt and rust,

i am a plumber at the oil refinery at kurnell and as the pipes are all 51 years old this year (i think)

the water quality is disgraceful we put a lot of research into the best quality filtration to make the water

fit for human consumption we have over a thousand of these filters and housings in the refinery and they do a great job .

as i said before i have these hooked up to the hose c o c k and then by way of the hose (only temp as i am in a rental) but i just fill my tanks up (all 12 of them) without a fish loss yet if you are interested to see more

youa can find them on the web at http://www.aquapure.com.au/ or i can take photos and post them up for you

cheers

Matt :thumbup:

btw i dont add anything to the water to stabilise it cause with these filters you simply dont have to.

hey guys

the filter housings retail for about $160 and the cartridges go for

$60 bucks for both they are not bad value as you only have to

replace the cartridges anually and when you are able to hook them

up to your main water supply they will do your whole house,

i had to install these in the kitchen as well as the fiancee comes

from the south coast and grew up on dam water (yuck) and she

cant handle drinking sydney water (tastes like chlorine) so i have a

set for her drinking water and a set on the hose for water changes

and also for watering my bonsai plants.

hth

Matt