Male BNs fighting

limegirl

Had BNs for years, and this is the first time I have had males fight.

Funny thing is, it is an albino and a common. Common is about five years old. Albino about two. Currently in a four foot tank. Have been in there together plenty of times, but albino went back in about two months ago. I did some 'gardening', and I wonder if I have reduced the number of prime hang outs. They both have a female of their respective types. And both pairs have bred before.

Is it just a matter of adding more caves, etc?

Also, will they actually damage each other?

They should be fine probably just working out who is boss.

Just so you know albino and common bristle nose are the same fish just different colour strains.

So the albino male may want to become top fish so that he can breed with the common girl as well or vise versa.

Realise they are the same fish, but it always suprises me that they see each other as the same fish, and therefore a threat to each other! You would think they would identify each other visually.

I realise they can interbreed - how else do we enlarge the dna base of the albinos and prevent inbreeding - but they never voluntarily have. They have always paired off naturally.

Realise they are the same fish, but it always suprises me that they see each other as the same fish, and therefore a threat to each other! You would think they would identify each other visually.

I realise they can interbreed - how else do we enlarge the dna base of the albinos and prevent inbreeding - but they never voluntarily have. They have always paired off naturally.

hi you need more caves , the drive to breed is very strong ,that they kill , and i have been breeding commons with albinos and they have no problem with mixing , common males raising albino eggs and albino males raising common eggs .............

Archived