Rs2000 Wip Journal (pics)

RS2000

• 2 weeks later...

got the top lights finally, still waiting to get my pumps for the bottom, but have started building the canopy for the top

tank 1

FBF + pipes

sump tank

will be more heavily planted later on just a few in there atm while i still setup

gold severum

gold severum 2

couple of gold sevs that i have living in the sump atm that will get trasfered to the larger tank once i get the pumps and cycle it.

Light test

Light test 2

lights sitting on top and some water in the large tank bit cloudy due to tannis and sand but will sorta that once i get pumps just a couple of powerheads atm moving the water around.

Starting building a hood to house the lights and it will have some cupboards on top to store nets/food etc

canopy design

canopy sketch up

more pics soon

are you just going to assume that if sand is not coming out the top of the fbf that it is working correctly?

i always like to see the sand visible personally, though i've not used them very much.

great looking tank though. will be awesome when finished and stocked

cheers

yeh pritty much running on the assumption that it will be in motion, there will be a pad insdie the fbf on the return side to make sure the sand doesn't come out. I would of done it so that i could see the sand, but I couldn't find any clear piping to allow me to do so, so I went with using pvc drainage pipe

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since i've updated, been a bit slack on the building front and still havn't finished my canopy yet, but the tank is running now with fish and plants as of today

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Currently stocked with

2 gold severums

1 lrg green severum

4 blue acara

1 black ghost knife

i've got 2 green sevs small like the gold ones i have already ordered that should be here tomorrow, and 4 salvini's waiting for them to come in.

Archived