Rack Advice

mcloughlin2

Hi,

I'm currently moving away from africans into catfish. As i have bought tanks to suit my africans, they are now going to be too big/messy for the catfish I'm going to be keeping ...

I now have a 4x14x20 and 2 2fters setup ... But due to the high cost of running 3 heaters, 2 lights, 3 different filters and a aerator i figure maybe a rack system with all tanks on a sump may prove cheaper ...

I was thinking of maybe a 3 tier rack, built for your standard 2ft tank (So it would hold 6 2fts) or maybe a 3 tier which could hold my 4ft with 4 2fts .... Run 1 heater in the sump (300w?), 1 large air pump running a sponge filter in each tank. Have BB's so i will only need a light on the top tanks.

Any advice on whether having them on the same system works out cheaper or not will be helpful, along with tips from previous experiance building or buying racks ...

Please don't link me to any other threads on this page - i have looked, but if there is a good old thread feel free to post it ...

Not sure if the above makes sense, I'm still in the very early planning stages.

Sam ...

Any advice on whether having them on the same system works out cheaper or not will be helpful

What filters are using at the moment? A pump to run a systen like you want would be running at around 100watts+.

As for the racks, see if you can find the thread that was running a few days ago. Everything that needs to be said about racks was said in that thread IMHO

There is a cannister, internal filter, one of the built in the top filters plus 1 x 300w heater, and 2 x 100w heaters. Also 2 x 40 w globes and 1 x 25w? light ... Also a air pump.

I figure it might be cheaper if i was to run a 3 tier system consisting of 4 x 2ft and 1 x 4ft on a sump, with just my 300w heater on there and a air pump ...

Not sure as yet. I Saw the thread, willl read it all now.

Archived