New tank setup

Teamsherman

Hi,

I want to setup a tank with some electric yellows and blues but i dont know what i have to do to get the water right. Also, i would like to know what would be the best gravel/base and ornaments for these fish and what other fish anyone can recommend for the tank. Will i have to have a light for the tank or can i get away without having one? Any help on the matter would be awesome.

Cheers, Alan.

P.s will the yellows/blues breed in the community setup? cause that would be an added bonus.

If your not even sure of their water parameters i'd suggest you go buy a book and have a read. Surprising what you might learn.

Matt

I was planning on doing that but i think that word of mouth is better than any book because the people that give the info are experiencing and are experienced in the field of keeping the fish.

So, still, any info would be great thanks.

Cheers, Alan.

Shell grit, Limestone, etc... as a start...

you will find in general the water in and around Sydney form the tap is anything between 7.2-7.4 pH so that is also a start...

Try and avoid using additives (pH +/- powders) if possible, using the methods above to buffer the water plus others that will or should be suggested will result in more stable water parameters...

Archived