NLS

anchar

For what it is worth...my opinion.

I tried the NLS growth for about a month (until the small container ran out) and didn't notice anything markedly different about my fishes appearance or health. Perhaps I didn't trial it for long enough, or perhaps it was because I used it in conjunction with other foods.

However, I have been using the Thera A formula for a month and I am impressed. Not all the fish show better colouring, but certainly a lot of them do...especially the fish that are strongly coloured to begin with (eg. gold severums, electric yellows...actually all the fish with yellow/orange/reds in particular). The most noticeable difference is the physical build of the fish. They (for the most part) are more healthy looking ie. have fuller body shape and many that looked a little drawn in the gut are looking much improved. I assume that this is due to the food being more digestible/usable by the fish.

I can, with confidence, recommend the Thera A formula for all fish that I have trialled it on (Tropheus spp. too). The only draw back is that all my fish rooms reek of garlic!

Andrea :)

Is THAT the cause of my fishroom smelling like a cafe????? :lol4:

I couldn't work out for the life of me where that smell was coming from :roll . I knew it was a food smell (human food not fish food), but I couldn't work out the source.

BTW, I'm much the same. I haven't noticed any significant difference in the fish compared to their OSI diet, but they definitely like the food (thera A, cichlid and growth), and it's a good size so I'll keep using it as part of their varied diet.

:thumb

what i understand is the Grow formula is pretty much the same formula as Thera A except Thera A has garlic in it...maybe the changes u see are due to garlic?

i think changes in coloration really only become noticeable in subadult and adult fish and therefore u may have noticed these changes only with Thera A since u were feeding these fish 1mm pellets.

i have noticed that my fry really luv the Grow and they have grown rather quicker than those feed on flake foods alone!

maybe we should start eating the stuff as well!! :lol3:

I medicate with garlic - one of the treatments I was advised during THAT one and only bloat disaster. This is where the sidedrops are brilliant - one or two whole bulbs into them - and if you can stand the aroma, the fish show marked improvement for infection and behaviour.

Now there's a sideline - psychological and homeopathic services for T's :yes::yes:

I too use the Thera A for the Geos - and they are definately cafe society :lol3:

Hi Andrea, that's very good news :) I am glad to hear that NLS has improved health and colour of your fish.

Is THAT the cause of my fishroom smelling like a cafe?????

Hi Vis, I kind of like the smell, my house smells like fish food, I think it has something to do with me keeping a box each of all the formulas in a spare room :lol3:

what i understand is the Grow formula is pretty much the same formula as Thera A except Thera A has garlic in it...maybe the changes u see are due to garlic?

Hey Mate, Thera A and Grow Formula are not the same; Grow has much more Protein in it than Thera A. Thera A has four times more Garlic in it.

I too use the Thera A for the Geos - and they are definately cafe society

Hi Aline, Glad to hear.

Cheers,

Waruna :)

Thanks for the info Andrea :clap . I was going to give the growth a go as I am getting into the "need to purchase some more food zone", so I might instead give the Thera A a shot instead. I love garlic so if it is good enough for me it is good enough for the fish. It would also have the added side effect of preventing and reducing the chance of a cold forhtem:lol3: :lol4:

cheers

rosco

May I tack on a question, which is where is the best place (i.e. price) to buy the large size container these days (am NSWCS member). Blacktown area or surrounds (Parra and Auburn OK). Notice special over at AoA.

Hi Fiona,

The following I always deal with - they are all similar in price and offer various incentive. Do your calcs and see which is more suitable for you. AOA (always competititive and delivery always in a couple of days), PFF (free delivery to Sydney customers), Auburn (discount for NSWCS members) :thumbup:

Cheers

Last time I was at Auburn it was cheaper (with NSWCS membership) than the non discounted AoA price, but it was a while back and not sure if that's current ... not seen the PFF price, will check.

Edit: just called Auburn, Thera A is $140 with the discount. Of course actually GOING to Auburn is dangerous as it's pretty well impossible to walk out with ONLY what you went in for.

homeopathic services for T's

:lol2: Its not that crazy Aline, my mum is a naturopath & homeopath and ive used a few of her remedies in the past with pretty good success, the only thing i worry about is that most homeopathic medicines contain a small percentage of pure alcohol as a preservative. :dntknw: What i have tried has had pretty good results though.... ;)

Cheers Andy

Archived