Earth Worms

Other Ed

Hi,

I have a worm farm that I bought from the hardware about 1 year ago.

Now spiders have moved in there. Little ones, look like red-backs, but without the red stripe !! ohmy.gif

What to do?

kill the spiders

leave everything alone

feed the spiders to the fish.

Thanks

Ed.

they are fine... Don't worry about them... I don't know what they are called... but i have had them in my worm farm for 2 years now... no ill effects to the worms or anything like that...

Make sure you are liming the worm farm though to keep the pH up... the spiders seem to thrive when mine goes acidic....

Good luck

Jared thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I sprinkle lime on my worm farm each time I add food to it.

The lime keeps the smell down and wont affect the worms in my experience.

I just sprinkle it so that it covers the top completely with a fine layer.

Yes, I have the spiders too. The only downside I have found from them is that my wife will no longer feed the worms for me... sad.gif

Instead of mucking around with lime, I just regularly crush up egg shells and throw them in with the vegetable scraps. The calcium carbonate in the egg shells keeps the soil alkaline. Although, the shells don't break down too easily, it doesn't matter, the sharp edges will put the snails off eating your plants later on.

Cheers

Richard

You can feed fish these worms in our worm farms? I got a farm outside thats been there for years.. must be lots of them.. Any kind of consideration need to be given to them? Special washing procedures or anything? Heh never realised i had a food farm outside biggrin.gif

Archived