How to raise bristlenose fry?

Cory Fan

Hi all,

May I know how do you guys raise your bn fry??

1) Food?

2) water change?

3) tank size

etc.

Below is what I am having/doing now.

1) I feed mine zuchinni, algae wafer, flake and now trying coz lettuce as been told they love it.

2) only like 5% water change weekly but was told by a guy last night that he never do a water change to his bn till they are like 3-4cm.

3) I am having 2 2x2ft and 1 3ft on a small sump, they breed in the 2ft and I have moved them to the 3ft after i see the fry abt to come out of the log. so the water are all same.

the problem is I never see them eating, they are "sucking" on the side glass and after few weeks, they will start disappear... or dead body ard the bottom on tank Unhappy

Many thanks in advance, had lost 2 batch of common bn. Unhappy

Please help

Hey mate in my bristle fry tank i have snail a small yoyo loach (to control snails) and driftwood i feed them peeled peas and algea pellets and flake.... I hardly loose any.. I have heard years ago that baby bristles need the snail poo as their first source of food and the driftwood to get their digestive tracts going and keep going i dont do water changes for the first 6 weeks of their lives and all i do is just top up the tank when it is evaporated... I lost batches and batches years ago then tried this method and it worked really really well so i havent changed a thing... dont let temps get too high either cause they dont like that ..... :thumbup:

Jamie

1) Keep your water temperature at 24

2) Keep you ph @ 7

3) Add some driftwood to the tank, its contains nutrients from what ive heard and bristlenose love sucking on it

4) Feed them boiled peas and zuchinni .. No point throwing it in if it isnt boiled as it would be too hard for the fry to eat

5) There are no reasons to do water changes bigger the what your doing at the moment unless your nitrites start to get high ...

6) Place the tank in some sunlight or throw a light on the tank so you can get some algae happening

HTH,

Sam

Horses for courses mate

I have albino fry at the moment. my routine is a 10% water change once a week, even with a good filter.

Feeding is wafers, then peas, then zuccini. And i got slack and don't even boil it anymore, they swarm all over it and tear it to shreds. They are seven weeks old now and min size is 15mm.

This is all in a 20L tank as it is the only space i have left. The only thing i really moitor is pH and temp. if you are having trouble stabalising or buffering pH use agramilk. I use it and have had no troubles, just don't overdose.

Brett

Mine dont get any special treatment.

They stay with their parents, ~30% water change weekly, only get feed algae disk's and orca pellets.

Josh

Archived