Blue paint for background

Barca888

Hi barca,

Any acrylic paint will do the job. Use a roller and apply 2 or 3 coats for an even coat. It is easily removed at any stage you decide to change colour with a couple of safety blades. For a more lasting finish, use esp or similar prior to painting. A sample pot of paint will be your cheapest way out.

merjo

$3 worth of a nice colour material also works quite well hyung behind the tank, also if you dont like it you can change the colour in about 2 minutes, nio having to move tanks wait for paint to dry etc, and can experiment a bit until you have the desired colour.

Thanks for the suggestions. I may try the contact idea for a smaller tank and see what the result looks like. Hopefully contact comes in 60 cm wide sheeting. So has anyone actually tried any nice shades of blue that have worked nicely? I dont wanna choose a colour which turns ugly when the tank is full (if i decide to paint it).

Thanks Peter

I use Chromacryl acrylic, and i only use black.

Blue is too dodgy, colours are tricky, and IMO, it looks a bit odd having a blue backing. Although black is also unnatural, it tends to fade into the background better.

Archived