Pics of your FIshroom (Sumps and piping)

raycam01_au

Hi Guy's,

As i am setting up my fishroom shortly, it have on one side 8 @4x2's and 10 @3x2's and unsure of other side, but will be similar. 3rd wall will be set up for smaller fry and hospital tanks etc. I am wanting to set up 2 seperate sump systems and am curious to see some pics or diagrams of what you have?? these can be posted or emailed to raypappas01@optusnet.com.au hope to get some diff ideas!!!

Thanx Ray

Hi there ray,

Here is an very old picce of my fishroom system

IPB Image

The system consists of the top 2 tanks (6x2x18(H)'s) and in the front 3 on the second level tanks (3 x 2x18x18's) . The Sump is on the bottom level and is a 3x18x18 with 3 chambers with a 6000lph return pump.

I have 4 return inlets from the tanks, with the 1 outlet that is split and flow controlled by 25 mm irrigation taps. 3 of the return inlets are 25 mm. These come back from the 2x18x18's and the other is 32mm return pipe that joins the 2 6x2x18's. I expand this fitting from a 20mm outlet to a 25 to 32 to remove the back pressure.

In the main chamber of the sump I have a drip tray (basically a lid from a go-lo container with heaps of holes drilled in it). The next layer is course 50mm aquarium sponge sheets (I bought these from AoA). the Next layer is 50mm dacron the next layer is 135 kitchen sponges from go-lo (the same that Baz uses :thumb ). This is all sitting on a bread crate. The second chamber contains a filter bag that has approx 2 litres of matrix with the 3 chamber containing the return pump.

HTH

cheers

rosco

Archived