Red Devil.

D6C1

I know this is abit off topic but your PM box is full/disabled.

James007: where did you see the synspilums in Syd for sale a month back? Did they look good?

It's a nice RD devil, how old is it?

Tam

WOW they are both AWESOME!!! I love red devils, dont have one but am a big fan, they are really really nice, youve both done well to get them like that :thumbup:

Obviulsy not mine nor a red devil but i think this guy is awsome.

IPB Image

Heres a red devil

IPB Image

And I dont mean to be nit picky or rude, but niether of those fishes are red devils aka Amphilophus labiatus. They would be a cross between on and a midas aka A. citrinellus. And going by the body shape i would say they have more midas in them...

I would agree with you Burgoid. But they are a finer specimen than those you mentioned. Each to his own.I love the pure redness and the shape of those "Red devils"

Piebalds are still nice. Do they come with a hump?

Piebald's are a standard midas just with a different colouration so they still have the potential to grow big 'humps'.

Its a real shame that we dont have any pure midas's / devils in the country.. well not that I am aware of anyway. A breeding pair of piebald's would have to be very high up on my dream list.

Nice!!! :thumbup:

I know this is abit off topic but your PM box is full/disabled.

James007: where did you see the synspilums in Syd for sale a month back? Did they look good?

It's a nice RD devil, how old is it?

Tam

Hi Tam,

i cant remember where i saw them, but i have 5 very nice specimens, im looking at selling some of them. I will pm you with a couple of pics to see if you like?

Burgoid,

unfortunately we can only get what is available. I am very well aware of the complex we have here in australia If you can find/ or import me a pure Labiatus let me know ( goodluck). But personally, i think the piebald is not very attractive. and abit off topic, was it a Zaliosis you found the other day?

My guy is just over 12 months old now, and i wish i could you show you pics of his brother, he is Amazing. Talk about about a hump, its more like a mountain!

nice shots too Toufic. I love these guys.

cheers

Jaymes

Jaymes,

The ID i the fish I found the other day is still debateable. Do you have some actual Zals? If you dont mind PM me where u got them from it would be greatly appreciated.

I think the brown ones are algae spots on the glass - see they moved position relative to his face in the last 2 shots. they red ones however I think you're right

no web space atm & only dial up so I can't add pics of my father & son RDs

Archived