Aquarium Shops in Foshan, China.

Bit Racer

I recently visited Foshan, China. Foshan is a small city/province about 170 Kilometres North of the Hong Kong Border. Street signs are in chinese, and no one speaks english here - even the lonely planet map of the area didn't help me here so it's quite easy to get lost !

Crossing a road here is an extremely risky proposition. Motorists do not abide by the rules here as no one polices them. confused.gif The trick is to not to dash out but to walk slowly.

Anyway some locals took me to the aquarium markets which is a street filled with aquarium shops and stalls.

Here are the photos of what they stocked. I didn't bother about asking about pricing but I can tell you it would be very affordable for us.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Guest j.c fishfan

please correct me if im wrong but do they have oscars in with parrot cichlids,convicts and goldfish??

but some very nice fish and i would be tempted to sneak one of those plecs in my bag!!

jamie smile.gif

I don't think they are together Jamie, the boxes are next to each other but they're not all sharing a box. I didn't see any convicts in there either. I think you may be confusing red oscars with goldfish.

Bruce

I have no idea what the pink stuff in with the turtles is.

As for the water pumps, they're made in China in a factory in ZhongSan province they come with aussie power plugs bigsmile.gif. I picked up both Atman 3500lph and 2500lph for $30 AUD from one shop.

I went to the markets on Guong Zhou city where they sell scorpions, snakes and other unidentifiable creatures... got a few photos of these as well, but probably not appropriate for this forum.

It's surprising how China is booming. They've got full on shopping centres selling practically everything...

As for the water pumps, they're made in China in a factory in ZhongSan province they come with aussie power plugs  bigsmile.gif. I picked up both Atman 3500lph and 2500lph for $30 AUD from one shop.

The power point in China is indentical to what we have here, hence there's no need for converter.

Thomas.

Archived