Please help!

cirulis

hi,

My lwanda peacock is looking a bit sick...i mean he is not swimming around as much and he swims retarded, he also refuses to eat. he looks pretty shocking aswell. He has been going downhill over the last week or so but particulary over the last few days. i have done a reasonable water change and all the other fish are healthy.

Anyone have any idea what it is or how to fix it!??!

Here is a pic from when he was healthy

user posted image

And here is him now

user posted image

Please HELP!!!!!

thankyou

Hi cirulis,

Yes he das declined in health. How long has it bee since he stopped eating? The concaved stomach would suggest some time, unless he has worms or similar pathogenic probs. Have you tried worming or treatment for any parasite treatment? Just a thought. Sometimes fish don't eat because they think they are not hungry. Any other fish showing similar symptons/behaviour?

merjo

thanks for your help merjo, but unfortuneately he just passed away. None of the my other fish are showing symptoms...they are all eating plenty. i was very unfornute as i have been away for the last few days and a couple of days before that i had been away for a week or so. So i don't really know how long he hasn't been eating. The guy at the lfs said it would be internal and i should treat using octazin or something, but that is a bit expensive. I thought maybe i could wait a few days and see if any other fish start showing symptoms and if so then treat, But i really don't know, any suggestions??

Thanks again for helping but i posted a little too late i would say sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Hi fiona,

Yes i do agree that treatment is better than loosing fish, also cheaper. I have gotten over the fact that it might cost a bit, however alot of the treatments are pretty hardcore and some may have bad affects on my other fish so unless i get a proper diagnosis, or my other fish get sick, i don't think i will treat the problem.

cheers

Cirulis

Do you have an isolation/treatment tank? Small, inexpensive, easy to put the sick fish into it. Give it cover (somewhere to hide) to keep it calm. You also cut the cost of the treatment as there is not as much water volume. Filter can be small and cheap, keep one running in parallel on your larger tank and put into isolation tank as needed. The isolation tank can be emptied, disinfected and put away when not needed (clean the filter properly/disinfect then recycle on the larger tank for next time).

Hope this helps for any future problems. smile.gif

Archived