Bye Bye Gibby :(

Ant

He was about 23cm i think. He had no visual signs of a problem except for gasping and a slightly bloated stomach. The rest of the plecos and fish are fine. He was only 4cm when I got him so he was likely about 3 and a half years old.

Anthony

I have just gone downstairs to let the dogs out only to find our 8 yo 35cm gold pleco had died sometime today sad.gifsad.gif he was best friend with the 18 yo common plec who is now in mourning sad.gif we always thought that he would be the first to go - so did he I think sad.gif

RIP Goldie - hey Ant he's with your fellow now playing catfish games.

Aline, did I read right?

18yo common plec??? WOW!! Have you had him for 18 years?

Yep.....ours all the way smile.gif .

Cheers

The 18 yo (he's still alive smile.gif ) is 45cm+ the one that died was 35cm and only

8yo sad.gif

He has always lived in a community tank a 4x2x2 for many years but for the last six or so in a 6x2x2 smile.gif he rules the tank in his own cattie way and loves his flake so much that he trawls the top of the tank upside down to consume as much as he can woot.gif

It will be an awful time in this household when he eventually succumbs to old age -whatever that is in common pleco kept in tank terms!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

It will be an awful time in this household when he eventually succumbs to old age -whatever that is in common pleco kept in tank terms!!

Cheers

You've got a long way to go I've got one that is 27 smile.gif

Archived