Light type

Bruce

I think they are sold as Coralife Lunar Aqualight and are a compact fluorescent lamp fixture. They range from 65 watt 10,000K and 65 watt True Actinic 03 Blue straight pin base compact fluorescent lamps up to the 96 watt version depending on the size. They also include Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow LED lamps, built in ballast and cooling fans.

I'd say from the lack of shadows it's a flouro.

It's hard to tell with a photograph because it depends on the colour balance but if that photo is balanced I'd say from the blue colour it's at least 10,000K, maybe higher.

Everyone seems to think 10,000K is a blue light. I have found 10k's to be a greenish colour and evem 14k;s only produce a hint of blue. 18.000K single fluro I find is a real nice light so when I set up my 5'er with MH it will be a 150w 14k bulb with mayb 1 4' antinic fluro.

Here is a picture of the type of light fitting that I think it is. The configuration of the lights depends on the length. You can see that it has a double row of lights.

user posted image

Coralife also produce a single row Lunar Aqualight but it has a different colour (brass) reflector. It only has 6700 tubes.

I think you will be hard pressed to find them here in a LFS.

As Toufic suggested ask Ben. He has some Heto brand lights that also come with 4 x 30 watt ( 10000k ) light tubes.

Archived