My Tropheus Murago's Are Breeding

monlunn

Well just thought I would drop a line to let all you tropheus nuts know that I have 4 2-3cm Murago babies and I have another three mouthfuls in the tank. I have had a couple of mouthfuls that have only lasted about 8 days but it looks like they are finally working it out. I tell you what if I can get a tank full of these little beauty's I will be so excited. As it stands I took these guys on because they hadn't bred for the previous owner who had them imported and I had them in my display tank with my Bulu points. I only have 6 adults but at least three off these are females. I have asked Nigel to keep his eyes open for some more for me but he has had no luck finding any. Anyway hope all is well up there and see you all in October.

Best Regards

Monique Lunn

Good stuff Mon...my bulu swallowed but is holding again so fingers crossed here too thumb.gif Did that fella on that other site get back to you? I tried pm'ing him too for you but no response.

Andrea smile.gif

Good on ya!

It is great news indeed when we hear that one of our tropheini brethren or sisters has breeding success ( i mean the fish!!! shock.gifwink2.gif )!

U must be doing something right...just keep doing what u r doing! Now they will be breeding like clockwork and u won't need to get any more adults! Although wildcaught muragos would add some new blood to the colony. Remember to ship some up to us when u get enough to sell.

Tropheus will breed in their own time so don't lose heart if they have not yet bred or held to term.

Keep us posted!

Ps.. would luv to see some more pics!

Dave

Hey Andrea I pm the guy too without any luck. So I thought it a bit strange. Yes I am stoked but in the same breath if I could get a few more from outside Australia then I would do that seeing as the gene pool isn't exactly large here. Does anyone elase know of anyone that is breeding these guys ?..... Will keep you all posted on how they go.

Best Regards

Monique Lunn

Great news Monique thumbup.gif Will keep an eye out for more smile.gif

You may also want to consider coming up in June for the NSWCS Wollongong Major Auction thumb.gif Not as late a finish and a superb variety of fish - if the last three years are any indication.

You can see my post in the All States forum or follow this link

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~josh_stewa...etidnow.com.htm

Cheers

Archived