demasoni breeding size

yellow

would just like to know at what size fellow demasoni keepers demasoni started breeding at.mine are no bigger than 3 to 3.5 cms and some are holding.ive never kept them before so im unsure if this is normal i was surprised.they couldnt be holding anymore than one egg each.

jason

I would be surprised if they hold to term.

me too ducksta i was surprised that they could even do that at that size.i thought rustys started early.like i said previously theyd be lucky to be holding onto one egg.

Hi Jason,

Its good they have started playing for you clap.gif

As ducksta said you will be lucky if they hold for you to term....Ihave had them breed at that size and ended up with 3 fully developed fry LOL.gif

Good luck

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

i recently bought some demasoni fry(there going well christian) went down the shed to feed them yesterday evening and one of them around 2.5cm is holding! must be this strain that breed early -just have to see what transpires

Jason,

Mine were around 3.5-4cm as well but after 12 weeks of not holding they look like they are getting their act together. Mine had 5-6 attempts before I got 2 fry from them from the last mouthful. The largest girl has held for over a week (since easter sunday) so I think that they will be right from here on in. They are cool little fry best of luck with them

cheers

rosco

Archived