JBL Micromec

fecat

anyone know about the JBL Micromec? how does it compare with Seachem Matrix or Eheim Stuff? I am thinking to upgrade my filter media to maximize the outcome.

they worth 20 a liter. So does it sounds right?

also is it true that the seachem matrix would need to be replaced time to time? same apply for Eheim?

Any input is appreciated.

Felix

Ehfi substrat - 450m2 / lt

Seachem Matrix - 160,000cm2 (16m2) / lt

JBL Micromec - 1500m2 / lt

As you can see Micromec has far more surface area than the competitors, and is much cheaper by comparison. I use it in all my canisters, to great efect.

You should be replacing 50% of your biological media every 12 months.

Hope this helps thumb.gif .

Bretto.

Ehfi substrat - 450m2 / lt

JBL Micromec - 1500m2 / lt

As you can see Micromec has far more surface area than the competitors, and is much cheaper by comparison. I use it in all my canisters, to great efect.

You should be replacing 50% of your biological media every 12 months.

Hope this helps  thumb.gif .

Bretto.

Just wondering why you replace bio media after 12 months? I have filters running using Seachem matrix and haven't replaced in 4 yrs with no problems? Does the stuff become clogged or something??

Theoretically the surface are diminished over time especially if you have dirty water. I haven't replaced my bio media for a while but normally find that after a year I have lost some already when cleaning them every 6 weeks!

Theoretically the surface are diminished over time especially if you have dirty water. I haven't replaced my bio media for a while but normally find that after a year I have lost some already when cleaning them every 6 weeks!

Thanks for the feedback, so how many liter do i Need for my Eheim 2217? would 1 liter be enough?

hmm...might be wrong shouldn't that actually be 1600m2 per litre? if it is wouldnt it make it the highest surface area out of the 3?

i bought matrix under the impression it had the highest surface area of the 3, did i calculate wrong? not happy if i did.

*edit* Oh bugger, just worked it out seems it is just 16m2/L. confirm?

Archived