Please share your display tanks!

hungsta

Hey Guyz,

I'm thinking of using my 4x18x18 for a male only display tank.

My tank has a rock background attached, so im thinking of getting some ideas on the rockwork etc.

Also, i'm interested in what fish other members have in the display tank.

Cheers,

Hung

Hey Guyz,

I'm thinking of using my 4x18x18 for a male only display tank.

My tank has a rock background attached, so im thinking of getting some ideas on the rockwork etc.

Also, i'm interested in what fish other members have in the display tank.

Cheers,

Hung

going to house 5 M, estherea Red Zebra/Blue 1m/4f also 4x18x18, can't decide on dark sand or a natural color sand but here is what I have so far LOL.gif

user posted image

Guest parallel
Well done! I am a huge fan (read *pedantic*) of matching rockwork, substrate and backgound...you've done it well  clap.gif

Andrea smile.gif

You took the words out of my mouth. Awesome.

Just out of curiosity, did you make the background yourself? Why I ask is I'm planning to DIY my back ground with epoxy and other stuffs.

Cheers

Parallel

Very cool looking tank swannee...:D

Hey Hung, since my display tank is getting a make over in terms of inhabitants; i cant really help but some Pseudotropheus acei and Electric Yellow would form an excellent contrast together...You could substitute the acei for maingano for a darker blue colour...

Red Empress males are stunning in an all mbuna tank as long as they grow up together...

I guess it all depends on what effect you want...

Here's my all male African Malawi 4' x 18" x 18" display tank.

Not a good photo of actual tank but shows the ace cabinet I have for it. A nice cabinet is half the story IMO, as far as display tanks go:

user posted image

I'll try get some better photos of the aquascaping itself but nothing special - a few granite rocks, Coffs gravel, rock print background and Java fern - standard stuff. dry.gif

Some of my display fish . . .

My Lwanda:

user posted image

A. Kornelaie:

user posted image

Copidichromis "3 spot Eastern":

user posted image

cheers

hi Swannee

very nice background you got there did you make it yourself it looks really cool,

cheers

Sarah

and unnatural selector is that midnight gravel its so black

• 2 weeks later...
Well done! I am a huge fan (read *pedantic*) of matching rockwork, substrate and backgound...you've done it well  clap.gif

Andrea smile.gif

You took the words out of my mouth. Awesome.

Just out of curiosity, did you make the background yourself? Why I ask is I'm planning to DIY my back ground with epoxy and other stuffs.

Cheers

Parallel

NO I only wish I could make backgrounds as nice as this one, I stumbled across this one used at a LFS and was able to pick it up pretty cheap LOL.gif

Archived