breeding rack

phear

hi guys im going to set up another breeding rack but this time i am going to plumb the tanks just wondering if u guys have any cheap options for plumbing please reply i am going to have a 3teir stand with 7 tanks into 1 pipe into my uv before it hits the sump so that any disease is killed before it hits the sump and goes back please post some pics of fittings or places to buy cheap but decent fittings.

Jamie

cheap options for plumbing

hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

I'm certainly not the man to ask then. The plumbing for my rack cost me more than the tanks and rack combined, and it was all ordered by a plumber friend who got it at trade cost for me shock.gif

I've heard of cheaper options, using that flexible black poly-pipe instead of the rigid white stuff, but at the end of the day I wanted peace of mind. I didn't want to come home one day to find the plumbing blocked and my tanks overflowing.

I think like most things in life you get what you pay for wink2.gif

I think it would be more beneficial if you put the UV on the return pipe instead of the intake. Putting it on the intake will kill the diseases and what not, but it'll also kill the good bacteria you want in your sump.

Best of luck with your setup though and is there any chance of some pictures when it's done? bigsmile.gif

Archived