Fish and Fly Spray

pride

I know that insecticides are lethal to fish but what about an insect that has been effected by insecticide falling in a tank? Last night I sprayed some cockroach surface spray in a couple of rooms away from my fishroom and have come home to dead roaches on the ground but there was also one floating in the 4ft tank. Would the fish have had any negative effects by now if this was to be a problem? All tank inhabitants are swimming happily about as usual. Next time I spray I'll be plugging up under the door so they can't get in the fish room.

Cheers

Adam

It is possible that it may have effects on the fish. Can i warn you that from experience spray on deodorant has had bad effects on my fish sometimes and it also can leave a filmy oily surface thing on the top of the water.

wazza

When I was younger, I remember putting on Aerogaurd because we were outside for a while, whe I came in, I hand fed the fish, but I noticed that there was an oily film leaving my skin.

The fish were okay, but I would assume larger doses would not be.

I have covered my tank with a damp clothe while we had our biannual pest control guy do his thing.

Steve

Archived