J. regani ID discussion

CThompson

edited by fins: split from this thread: http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=22455

Pics by David.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks Nigel,

I would have missed the add too if it wasn't for your email to me as it was already on page two by this Monday morning.

Bijengum,

Do you have any photos of the parents please? I understand there has been some confusion as to this locality, and would like to see some shots of the adults before I commit myself.

The locality I was after in fact was "Tanzia Gold" don't know if "Zambia Gold" is the same fish?

My email address is crt@ansto.gov.au.

Craig

[edit] ps: Sorry for butchering your post Craig.

Ed

Thanks Nigel,

I would have missed the add too if it wasn't for your email to me as it was already on page two by this Monday morning.

Bijengum,

Do you have any photos of the parents please?  I understand there has been some confusion as to this locality, and would like to see some shots of the adults before I commit myself.

The locality I was after in fact was "Tanzia Gold" don't know if "Zambia Gold" is the same fish?

My email address is crt@ansto.gov.au.

Craig

Hi Craig,

For what it's worth, perhaps you mean "Julidichromis Regani Kipili"

These are regarded the brightess variant from Kipili Tanzania, also referred to as Kipili Gold...

Here's a link for ya:

http://www.bigskycichlids.com/Jregani_Kipili.htm

Cheers

Nigel - what locality would you put on these fish?

I am glad you asked craig.

I think these where the ones from Caramba

thanks Nigel. thumb.gif As I also intend to breed these guys so it great information to know.

cheers

rosco

Sorry Guys for butting in, but if I'm not wrong this regani is the J. regani "Bijumburu". See Julidochromis

I also breed these julies. They are very pretty, good breeders (unlike the Kipilis sad.gif) and very good parents. Apparently they turned up at Riverside Aquariums first and were sold as J. regani "Bijumburu".

I attached my pictures:

user posted image

user posted image

Roland

• 1 month later...
Sorry Guys for butting in, but if I'm not wrong this regani is the J. regani "Bijumburu". See Julidochromis

I also breed these julies. They are very pretty, good breeders (unlike the Kipilis sad.gif) and very good parents. Apparently they turned up at Riverside Aquariums first and were sold as J. regani "Bijumburu".

I attached my pictures:

user posted image

user posted image

Roland

Roland,

your photos don't show the tail of your fish. Look at the tail in the photos David posted, and you will see a distinguishing feature is that there are stripes that run in the opposite direction to that of the stripes in the tail. David's fish also seem to have broader black lines.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I took another picture of my regani where you can see the tail, unfortunately the picture is not that good. I see no difference between the striping and the tail whatsoever. I think the only way to tell whether or not they are different if we put the fishes side by side.

Cheers,

Roland

user posted image

p.s. I think we should be in the General Cichlid Discussion section now:)

Archived