A few questions

Camo

Hey

Well just wondering if i should paint the back of the tanks or just leave them clear. If so what is the best paint to use. Blue, black, green etc.

Also i am using side drop filtration so i need a blower or something similar to run the air. What would be the quietest to run but not being $400. lol. It will be running approx 20 lines of air so something that will do that easy.

Also what is the best tower oil heater to use. The most energy saving.

Cheers

Cameron

Hey

I would not paint them just leave them clear.As i have been to a few places that have had there back of there tanks painted and you could not really see the fish that well.But if you decied to paint them make sure you have good lighting to see your fish.As some places had lighting and the fish did not stand out that well with it painted.But your desicion mate.

Cheers

Bluefish

Try with paper as chrisso81 said and see if you like the effect. If not then paint I guess.

I use the plastic backgrounds with the pictures on them. The ones you get from the Aquarium shop.

best pump/blower,least noise, least energy consumption, and not $400

when ya work that one out Cam, please be sure to let us all know, you will make a lot of ppl very happy

when we need to look at middle of the road pumps, we must be prepared to make trade offs against the price. we can't have a beemer for the price of a hyundi

cheers;C

Blue contact!! i use to use it for my tanks, but be very careful when applying ie. air bubbles. Use a ruler and wet the glass so its more friendly.

It can also be easily removed if you dont like it, simply peel off.

Hope that helps.

paint the walls a sky blue if you still want to retain clear tanks, if not paint the tanks.

Air, i use the lp60 from age of aquariums it works great easily pumps to 30 airstones, it is quiet. and around teh $150 mark...

Hey

Yeah i might just go ahead and paint the walls a sky blue. Thanks all. Alot of people are saying the lp60 so i think thats the one to use. Now either sponge filters or side drops and what heater to use?

Cheers

Cameron

Archived