Question on my convict (male)

Teamsherman

I just got some convicts (3 females and 1 male) and the male seems to not swim around but slither along the gravel. His back is slightly out of shape but not too much. Did i get a defective fish from the shop? Or is he just checking out his new home?

Cheers, Alan.

When i first purchased my trio of convicts they were investigating their surroundings in seconds. If a fish is sticking to the gravel (which it should not) your water conditions are not to its liking. If you think your condition are good take the bugger back to the lfs where they will hopefully end its life humanely, hopefully :\.

His back is a bit out. No pics sorry, but, it looks llike he has a nurchal hump then his back goes really straight all the way to his tail. I really dont want to take him back cause the poor guy will just be left to die or something like that. I think i will just keep him as my little freaky mate.LOL

if you like your fish even though it is deformed keep him just make sure if you breed him none of his fry get into the aquarium shops. Its shouldnt be up to everyone else whether you should keep him or not if you love wub.gif this fish hang on to him i say. Benno biggrin.gif

It's all up to you, but yeah just make sure his fry don't get into LFS's. My convict male is acting real strange too... He's one weirdo fish... Nothing wrong with him.. His body is fine and he has a mate, and they have bred.. But he will just hide in the terracotta pot, not just float in there upright.. But he fully pushes his Body right in and curves around with the pot... I can't understand why he is doing it huh.gif Oh well.. Cheers.

Archived