Quiet air pump

Ben

Hi all,

I have been trying to find a really quiet air pump capable of suppling air to 8 – 10 air stones in 2 foot deep tanks.

Any recommendations?

I need to sleep next to this thing. LOL.gif

I'd vote for Schego, but specifically Schego M2K3. If memory serves me correctly, it comes in two styles, one with a method to dial down the air produced, and one without.

Don't get the one with the "dial down" as I understand they can go faulty. The standard M2K3 belts out the air, even at a meter depth, runs with something like 7 watts, and is quite. I have had the occasional "louder one" but for the most part you may have to touch the pump to see if it operating. Check it in the shop.

Don't know if it will do ALL the stones you want as you have a fair number, it will be dependant on the size of your stones, and how much air you want to come out each stone.

Craig

Hi all,

I have been trying to find a really quiet air pump capable of suppling air to 8 – 10 air stones in 2 foot deep tanks.

Any recommendations?

I need to sleep next to this thing.  LOL.gif

Put some ear plugs in mate that will fix it. LOL.gif On a serious note I agree Schego are quite but I dont know if they make one big enough for 8-10 outlets and will pump 2ft deep. I think Highblow and The Pump make a 20lts a miniute that might do but they are not cheap.

Thanks Guys,

Ben for Age of Aquariums recommend a Tornado 30 (LP 20 or 30) but I have an LP60 and it is not quiet to say the least. Ok for a fish room but not for a lounge room.

Has anyone got a Tornado 30 (LP 20 or 30)? Is it silent running?

I like the idea of "you may have to touch the pump to see if it operating". thumb.gif

I have a new air pump in the quarantine room thats 100lts a miniute and I have to look at the airstones in the tanks to make sure its still working. I will get the brand name today and let you know, it was cheap as well. I think its made in China but seems to be OK so far.

Thanks Nigel. Will see what I can find on them.

If you can tell me, where did you get it?  thumb.gif

We got it from Kongs they are the importers I think its there brand name for things like pumps filters and stuff like that.

schego and eheim the rolls and royce respectively of air pumps

I can’t find them big enough. I have an eheim pump but it only does two stones. sad.gif Nice and Quiet but. blush.gif

how about 'the pump' and 'hyblow'

Do you have a Hiblow Col?

I have found a place to get them in Sydney but they are over $300...... How quiet are they?

G'day Andy

Why don't you put the airpump outside of the room and run the airlines into the room?

Is this a possibility in your current location?

PS I use Hiblow, they are quiet, reliable and powerful but they are expensive.

thge lpseries pumps from AOA are quiet, i have a lp60 and it is pretty quiet, well its quieter than the airbubbles in the tanks anyways, $150 but that would be overkill for your application...does 30 airstones at 2 foot easy.

Hi Ben

I am so terribly sorry. Just look at the time I wrote my comment. (My sore ear was keeping me awake at the time, although not enough it would seem dntknw.gif)

PS if the Hiblow are not a suitable due to the $$$ then I have been hearing very good things about Atman pumps. Well actually very quiet things bigsmile.gif

cya Matthew

ben you probably already know this but on the base of most pumps theres a little loop that you can put some string through ,then hang the pump on the timber under the tank or wherever you like- cuts down noise by 90%

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone got a Tornado 30 (LP 20 or 30)? Is it silent running?

I couldn't take the noise any longer. I got Ben to send me an Tornado 30 and it works a treat. Nice a quiet so far. Thanks Ben. thumbup.gif

Hi all,

Any recommendations?

I need to sleep next to this thing.  LOL.gif

Hi Ben, Try Hailea air pump, super silent design model 2208, 30L/min. thumbup.gif

Archived