Tropheus Tankmates!

MoliroMan

Fronnies as dither fish hysterical.gifhysterical.gif just kidding!

I keep O. heterdonta and C. pleuraspilis and also leleupi with duboisi - both true Maswa and Kigoma and also with polli and KII's smile.gif . This is due to the delay in getting their own breeding tanks - however they have co existed happily for almost two years.

Some very large gibbis have always lived with the Chipimbi and bristlies abound in all other tanks.

Cheers

I wouldn't recommend loaches. Check my post in the "vege diet for tropheus" thread for reasons. Others opinions may differ but this is my experience. dry.gif

-Mat-

I have a lone Jul. dickfeldi fry that I missed when I changed over tanks. It has survived and is going well with the Ilangi.

Hello,

What tankmates or dither fish have u kept successfully with tropheus!

Please don't include tankbusters that have eaten tropheus!!! LOL.gif

Dave

fish that go great include

sandsifters

featherfins

leptos

gobies

julidiochromis

Ok fish include

neolamprologus sp. so far have had brichardi, and leleupi, trets(not very good)

lepidiolamps, ie attenuatus, sexies were good tankmates

shellies tend to be freaked by too much action so not that good

bigger fish will dominat over tropheus quite easily

yes, a school of cyps in a 8 by 2 by 2 swimming in the open water will look amazing!!!

I know a lot of guys in the US forum keep Petrochromis with tropheus successfully! I wish we could introduce more variants of Petros into the country!

I know a lot of guys in the US forum keep Petrochromis with tropheus successfully! I wish we could introduce more variants of Petros into the country!

Thats what we want Dave more Petrochromis clap.gif I would love to be able to bring them in I have seen big wild caught ones in Germany very impressive. I would say some grow a bit big to put in with Tropheus.

I know quite a few people who would give an arm and a leg for a few petros!! Maybe Nigel could get some Petro fry shipped in on his next shipment? wink2.gif

Here is a pic i found by Greg Pierson of a Petrochromis sp. "Red - Bulu Point"

Petro Bulu Point

Here is some interesting reading about Petro on the Cichlid forum site:

Petrochromis

Nigel u got some P. Trewavasae for someone a while back, do u have any idea how they are going?

Will the owner of the Petro. please make yourself known, we will be interested in some fry!!!!

Maybe we should make it a Algae Grazers Forum or a Tropheus/Petrochromis forum!!! thumbup.gif

I'm sure some nice ones could come in labelled as Tropheus.  shock.gif    zipit.gif

The problem is that its impossible to get Petrochromis fry other than Trewavasae no one or they cant breed them in large enough numbers for the suppliers . I would have no problem getting adults. I have brought in quite a few Trewavasae over the years.

Nigel u got some P. Trewavasae for someone a while back, do u have any idea how they are going?

The last lot came from the US the guy who got them does not come on the forum now so I have no idea how they are going. I know Wayne from Xtreme got some of me don't know how they are that was a long time ago if there still alive they should be breeding by now.

Archived