Australian Catfish Forum

Th0mas

Some of us here are aware of the above mention forum (started by Rosco as a personal interest and now host on the Perth Cichlid forum and administrate by Alan), and most of us will wonders about this as well - which one will become the forum for catfish???

Perhaps it maybe an idea to consolidate and close one down to reduce over-head for forum users in checking for new message?

Maybe we should have a poll? Since this board is still new, it'll take a bit of time for those of us used to the other board to discover this one (unless they're used to visit SCP).

What do you think Alan?

Thomas.

Hi Thomas

Seeing as PCS now hosts the original "Aust Catfish & Loach Forum" I think it only proper it is recognised as such for the effort that Roscoe put in over the years

and the continue efforts of Tammy and Alan

For those that just want to access a catfish forum in the SCP this gives them a place local

I hope they all have the traffic to continue

:) L2H

Hi Guys -

Depending on how PCS is going - amalgamation might be an option further down the road. However, Link is right, Rosco certainly has put in a lot of work on the other forum (and ought to be congratulated on his efforts!) - and my aim here is not to detract from that.

In saying that, however, if Rosco (and his mods) and interested in a merger - and mod access to this system, it is something I would definately consider.

I think this should stay as a section here.

I've visted the other forum and was bit reluctant to post as it seemed everyone knew each other and it just came across as a bit of a closed community discussion :blink

esp for a newbie like me :blink:

Hi Guys,

At this stage I think its best to leave things the way they are.

If it wasn't for the generosity of Vincent and the Perth guys who knows where the forum would be now.

Edward,

I really hope we didn't give that impression because that's far from our intention, anyone new or old are more then welcome to the forum. Its great to see new faces and meet new people. We also like to hear the thoughts and idea's of new members, we all have something to learn.

Tammy :angry:

fishlogo.jpg

Gee Edward,

I'm sorry to hear that you got that sort of impression from "Auscat". We are definately not a closed community and welcome new faces, that is the only way our hobby can grow. You are right though, a lot of us on that forum have known each other one way or another for some years. "Auscat" originated in Woolongong, brought into this world by Roscoe, is now hosted in Western Australia and is moderated from Queensland. But, we have members and contributors from all states in Australia, NZ, the UK, Europe, Canada and the US (have I missed any one ??).

Some of us even travel interstate to meet other catfish clowns, trade experienses, tall stories and swap fish.

There is a wealth of knowledge out there and it's pointless in my opinion to keep it to ourselves.

So ask away, some one somewhere might know the answer. I know I am always checking out boards all around the world. You never know what grains of information you can pick up, I just wish I spoke about a dozen other languages.

Come visit us again some time. Your most welcome !!!

Alan.

PS This new corner of the SCP is the best thing to happen to catfish keeping, we need all the resorces we can muster to promote the bottom of the pond. :rolleyes:

Hi All -

For now I've added a link to the Aust Cat and Loach Forum ;) - it's pinned to the top so you catfish folk can jump there once you've had a good look at the Catfish Corner.

Cheers -

That's a great idea for those of us that check both.

Alan & Tammy,

You guys are doing a great job there, so don't get me wrong. I am a lurker there, there's alot of information already established there so I don't think it should be closed at all. Hopefully I'll be brave enough to jump into a convo one day.

For the meantime I'll keep lurking and read more about catfish :(

I for one will still be checking the PCS forum as well as this and the QLD one. But i am extremely pleased that we now have a local one as well.

wazza

Hi All

I like the hyper link to PCS .... hehehe beam me up Scotty :lol:

Since becoming an Auscat user a couple of years ago I have made some really good friends O/S especially Bob from Cornwall who has now converted his main tank to a Central American Cichlid tank with his range of L catfish ........ he keeps reminding me that his Rugby team won on Sat :p

Trust me Ed, they are real friendly over there especially Tammy and Alan

The Auscat forum has the best article on the care and breeding of Peppermint Ancistrus on any website on the net including Planet Catfish with pics

keep up the great work guys and girls :^: :^:

So if you haven't been ......... there do yourself a favour

:p L2H

Archived