Golden Pearls

Cuong

On reading about raising Corydoras and Apisto fry, I stumbled across a few bits of advice that included feeding the fry Golden Pearls. Initially I had no idea of what they were but after a bit of searching here's what I came up with.

Golden Pearls is a revolutionary new larval diet that has successfully replaced live Artemia nauplii in marine fish hatcheries in Europe. A patented processing technique (agglomeration of micro-encapsulated particles) resulting in feed particles or "clusters" that resemble raspberries (under the microscope). Golden Pearls have tiny air pockets that keep the feed particles in the water column, not on the bottom of the tank, and mimics live brine shrimp nauplii.

Ingredients: Brine shrimp, squid, shrimp and fish protein, animal protein, purified fish oils, phospholipids, astaxanthin, vitamins and protected minerals, antioxidants, and immunostimulants. These are now available in 3 sizes!

Analysis: Protein - 60%, Lipids - 8%, Ash - 15%, Moisture - 8%, Vit C - 2000 ppm, Vit E - 400 ppm, Astaxanthin - 500 ppm.

Taken from a supplier in the States. (http://www.kensfish.com/kensspecialtyfood.html)

user posted image

They come in a range of sizes varying from 100-200 microns to 500-800 microns and would probably be a good substitute for BBS and microworms etc. Their ease of use and storage (no need to freeze, rinse, or filter before feeding) is also a bonus.

I've checked with some of major online stores we have here but the search came up with zilch. Are they available in Australia?

I originally wanted to order GP from the states, but i found they were quite expensive and din't go throguh with it. And also wasn't sure whether they were allowed to be brought in.

I dont think they are avail in aus.

Anyone interested in doing a combine bulk order?

I also wasn't too sure about whether customs would allow them to be brought in, and didn't bother following up on Kensfish to see if they shipped internationally. But I would be definitely interested in a share of a bulk order.

As people have said they are available, theyre usually used as food for small polyped corals smile.gif Apparently they're very good, but only if theyre allowed to stay in the water column long enough for things to take advantage of them. In other words, turn off your filter!

I know the freeze dried cyclopeeze loses much of its goodness after customs irradiates it before its allowed to be sold in Oz. Ive heard nothing but good about golden pearls, but honestly havent heard of anyone using it for cichlid fry.

I know the freeze dried cyclopeeze loses much of its goodness after customs irradiates it before its allowed to be sold in Oz. Ive heard nothing but good about golden pearls, but honestly havent heard of anyone using it for cichlid fry.

you are the only person to says its available here can you tell me where to buy? so next time i dont have to buy from overseas

Archived