Planted Tanks

AussieStar

Hey,

just wondering if anyone else has a planted tank at all? IF you do pls post a pic for all us to see.

Hrere is the lastest picture of mine

user posted image

I run 2 fluval 404s ,a 36watt UVC unit ,pressurized CO2 system with ph controller and run to 150 watt metal haildes as as 2 130 watt power compacts for about 10 hours a day, Just add secham flourish once a week for ferts atm and no special gravel.

If u wanna know anything else just ask me

smile.gif

Sure:

Tank 1 in my lounge (about 2 months ago):

user posted image

Tank 2 in my study:

user posted image

and tank 3 in the reception at the door.

user posted image

that shot is ages old. It's a lot more overgrown now. My wife wants me to prune it down a bit.

I'll try and get a shot of the planted tank I have on my desk at work to add here.

posted this pic previously but what the hey

user posted image

really needs more light for plants but its likely to be my new tropheus tank soon

-Mat-

mine a about 2 months ago. now its algae infested and needs cleaning and a better co2 reactor :\

AussieStar, do you run a UV Steriliser? Where from? How much? ANd what kinda Co2 Reactor?

Damn all you guys have some awesome awesome tanks! I wish i had bigger tank than my 2 footer sad.gif

user posted image

Nice tanks guys! clap.gif

The planst look GREAT. I can't even keep my java ferns thriving. I have them on driftwoods. But they don't grow well. Most of the leaves are brown/black with holes. I don't fertilise. I give 8 hrs light/day. The tank has lots of water movement = oxygen. Why?

well my tank is a 6ft . And i run a UVC pondmaster 36watt unit that i got from the LFS paid 290 for it and is connected inline with one of my filters, on the other line is my milwakee co2 system, with regulator soloneid bubble counter and sms ph contoller unit

Good to see everyones tanks, all lokking really good

This is my 10g (or 25L) planted tank. Started as an experiment but I got attached to it, and is now home to my first cichlid, a blue acara.

Just click the link to see the pic, its too large to attach on forum, and im kinda lazy right now.

my planted tank

And not to worry, all the old inhabitants have been moved to my other tank, except for a golden sucker, and a bristlenose catfish. The tank has changed a little bit over the months but you get the jist of it.

Oh specs, DIY co2, cheapo power filter, 11W CF, kitty litter substrate, liquid fertiliser every few days, or when i remember.

Archived