Backgrounds

JDub

Anyone know somewhere that sells Black aquarium backgrounds at a reasonable price?

I want a plain black one to suit a 6x2x2 foot tank....

Or do you know where to get a sheet of black plastic or similar for the job?

Cheers

Bunnings sell thick black plastic by the meter in those rolls... I have used cardboard b4, but it faded eventually. I used clothes pegs to attach it to the back on my tank, which also looked fairly ordinary!

What about painting the back of the tank black? (hard to do if its full of water and up against the wall like mine)

I am also looking for a background for my 6'x2'x2'.

On a background/aquarium rock note I am thinking of putting an order in for Universal Rock AquariumProducts.

I can buy them at wholesale prices, which is about 1/2 the RRP, but I need to spend $500.00 or more at a time.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers Adam

Maybe you could go to the hardware store and buy plywood or something and then paint it black!

Exactly what I did.... Got some 3mm ply from Magnet mart and painted it Black, looks really good.... and cost me all of $14

Cheers

Sarah

I am still interested in trying to get a group buy organised. I just need to get a few more people on board. wink.gif

PR,

I have seen Fibaquaria's backgrounds they are very impressive.

The main reason that i am interested in the group buy is for the savings (I have 3 tanks that I want to buy backgrounds for smile.gif )

The savings off RRP are quite substantial.

eg

A 6'x2' Background RRP is about $260. Wholesale is about $140-$150.

Cheers Adam biggrin.gif

no worries Adam i sent the link to a few people already got one interested party already laugh.gif so give another couple of days and hopefully will have that group together

cheers

Sarah

Adam

That is a good Saving. I assume that these are the kind of backgrounds that need to be silcioned to the inside of the tank. Do you know what one would cost for a standard 4' tank.

Cheers

Rosco

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I have already but.....

I don't think that my fish will appreciate me having to silicon in their tank laugh.gif

But seriously at the moment I am not sure how to work getting them out getting a back drop in

thanx anyway

PR

cool.gif

I don't think that my fish will appreciate me having to silicon in their tank laugh.gif

But seriously at the moment I am not sure how to work getting them out getting a back drop in

cool.gif

I didnt silicon anything in the tank, I just let my tetras, clowns etc, swim in behind it........

I don't think that my fish will appreciate me having to silicon in their tank  laugh.gif

cool.gif

IME I didnt silicon anything in the tank, I just let my tetras, clowns etc, swim in behind it........ that way you can hide your heaters, filter inlet and outlet behind the backdrop....

Archived