Those buying Frontosa

Nigel

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ones I will sell will come with a guarantee of there location.

And what is that guarantee, your word? How do we know that you are being told the right information?

Personally I find this very amusing, it is almost a sales pitch, and a warning not to buy elsewhere at the same time.

I think if people wanted to be sure of what they recieve, deal with reputable importers or stores, not back yard operations that dont have anything to lose if they scam a few people.

So yes, buyer beware, but you also need to read between the lines as to what some people are trying to say, or promote.

Wow, looks like Markus13 has been burnt before....any comment Nigel? or is he directing to someone else we know on this forum wink.gif

How is dealing with a store any better? I've had expriences with many stores that have things to lose yet still scam people. In fact many have downright lied to me and my friends.

Markus13 Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

The ones I will sell will come with a guarantee of there location.

And what is that guarantee, your word? How do we know that you are being told the right information?

Personally I find this very amusing, it is almost a sales pitch, and a warning not to buy elsewhere at the same time.

I think if people wanted to be sure of what they recieve, deal with reputable importers or stores, not back yard operations that dont have anything to lose if they scam a few people.

So yes, buyer beware, but you also need to read between the lines as to what some people are trying to say, or promote

I guess this is a fair comment if I have dealt with you before and you where not happy with what I sold you. I dont remember selling any fish to you in the past so if I have please tell the forum what happened. If I have not sold you any fish then what makes you think I am not telling the truth.

My reason for the post was to inform not to sell fish.

I also think Markus13 makes a valid point and I take no offence at it. I did sound like a sales pitch it was not ment to.

No offence was intended, and Nigel, I have not purchased fish off you.

I am simply commenting on what has been said.

As for the truth, I am not directly questioning you, but potentially that of your suppliers, or for that matter, any of the suppliers. At the end of the day we only have their word to go on.

As for the truth, I am not directly questioning you, but potentially that of your suppliers, or for that matter, any of the suppliers. At the end of the day we only have their word to go on.

All I can say is I have spent years trying to find honest and reliable suppliers. The ones I have I trust 100% to send the right species and the true location with each shipment.

Great thread people biggrin.gif. I think it is obvious for all of us that it is up to us responsible and more knowledgeable (not saying I myself am an expert) fish keepers to be as responsible as possible regarding new species coming in, for that i think we all agree?

Everywhere around the world, frontosa are collector's fish. Seldom do hobbyist breeder's try to breed them to make a buck. Ppl just keep them and are happy with them as majestic display fish. The occasional spawn is a bonus. Only in Aust is there a rush to breed fronts.

I don't think that just because this is the case over seas that Aussies will follow suit or should follow suit. We don't have to be influenced by over seas trends nor over seas practices. With our relative isolation from the hobby over the years we have seen different trends and different ways of doing things. Just because over seas they have a problem with managing bloodlines doesn't mean it is impossible for us. They have obviously got to the point where they really don't care about mixing locations (therefore they lose no sleep), hopefully that never becomes the case here. Maybe we can do it better!!!!. This is where i believe that we must make a fuss about it. That's why i like this thread, we have the ability to debate and question practices, this will surely benefit the hobby in Australia.

Anthony

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed that there is still some people and importers just using Blue Zaire to identify this particular Frontosa.

If any one is interested these are Kitumba, Moba and Kapampa. I will be labeling these with there location only.

I would hope we in Australia can get away from calling them Blue Zaire.

....a great article by Eric Glab, very informative...

guy's check it out!

also check out the frontosa variant map

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/fron...variant_map.php

I am very happy to see the big wrap given my beloved Mpimbwe . clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif .

I am sure if people are interested in getting any of the "new" fronnies (or gibberosa) they will realise they are a lot more expensive . Basic research is much easier these days , up to date books are taking a long time to catch up to the hobbyists who have the resources of the internet and our good friend Aunty Google. If you ever want to check any variant there are plenty of pictures and articles around. I have found the US fronny sites very informative. I may be mistaken but it doesn't seem to be such a problem there, fronny fanciers want to keep their different variants apart.

Archived