my new fish

transistor

Cool!

i have just been shopping!

I am now the proud dad of a sooty grunter, coal grunter and long finned eel. the guys are going in a nice big 6x2x2 and will be much happier now they are not cooped up in their crappy little tanks in the shop.

Will try to put up some pics soon.

Chris

How big are they? sounds like they are going to enjoy themselves. Coal grunters are lovley fish. thumb.gif cant wait for pics.

Hi black ghost both grunters are about 2.5 to 3 inches and they eel is 20 to 25 cms! but atm he is hiding... i assume he will hide most of the time during the day and then come out at night?

just need to get some batteries for my camera then i can work on getting the photos up. i took a few before the batteries died but they are to active for me to get a clear shot. might take a few goes to get a some decent ones.

Cheers

Chris

Ide watch out the looks of an eels mouth can be very deciving. Same as BGK. but ide keep an eye on the eels. Not really alot of eels come out durin the day and are quite active. Keep him well feed and you grunters should be safe tongue.gif

Scheitzen blink.gif

Thanks for the tip guys.

Well i was told to feed these guys bloodworms at the moment... is this ok in your opinion?? and if the eel is hiding when i feed them how will i know he is getting enough food??

Thanks guys

Chris

maybe drop in some bigger food at lights out eg: krill

Something too big for the grunter but easier for the eel to eat than the grunter

just a theory, no idea if it'll work but it seems logical to me

I just fed them then. the grunters are pigs clap.gif as soon as the bloodworms hit the water they dart up to the surface and munch them down in seconds. i held some down under the water in front of the cave the eel was in but he didnt seem intested even when i took my hand out he just lay there watching.

Might have to try some other food... anuything elseyou guys can suggest? ill try and get some krill this week too.

Cheers

Chris

As ash said, put some food in after the lights are out, some prawns or pieces of fish.

This is good for several reasons, 1 it'll mean the food won't be eaten by the grunters and 2 eels are nocternal so if it gets a decent feed early on in the night it won't go snacking on your fish later on...

Cheers

Archived