Petrotilapia sp. "chitimba bay"

Gav

these guys were trying to spawn today and this is one of the pics we got of him. not a hugely well known fish, but very spectacular once they hit some size. the head on one iw asnt as happy with, but it really starts to show off the awesome colour he gets on his throat and pectorals

user posted image

user posted image

Nice work smile.gif

I'm glad I didn't sell my colony. They are a good looking, active fish. They never get skittish or try to hide. They eat from your fingers too (more like "mug" your fingers to get to the food LOL.gif )

I've only ever had a single male in with 14 girls, and as Gav kindly told me, they do much better when there are a few males in a colony. My boy only occasionally looks as good as the pic of Gav's. Most of the time he looks like he does below. With more boys, they should keep their colour up. Once I add the two boys tomorrow, I'll try and get some more pics wink2.gif

They are hard to get good pics of. The best effort I've come up with so far (not that I've taken many of them, and the flash washes out a lot of colour):

user posted image

Gav, you've given me inspiration to get the camera out again woot.gif

Nice pics Gav, These are one of my fav Malawis, I am also breeding them, here is a pic of my boy.

They are hard to get good pics of. The best effort I've come up with so far (not that I've taken many of them, and the flash washes out a lot of colour sad.gif

I have also found that happens andy, my male looks much better in real life

user posted image

Archived