Quiet air pumps!

hungsta

hi Hung

i bought a Sera pump from Aquatic Life and its the best , very powerful had to actually turn it down and its very quiet and best of all it was only $21 and has a 2 year guarantee, offcourse if you can afford the splurge go a Schego air pump the rolls royce of all airpumps but you are looking at about $50 for a basic small air pump , cheers Sarah

I have Stellar, very quiet, compact & powerful, luv it! Bought a second unit a few months ago for spare. Was gonna try Sera, I think they're good too but I was reluctant to find out. A bit bulky too.

I also have a Resun with 2 outlets, NOISY!

Resun is too noisy and after a couple of months you lose power in some if not all the outlets. Would never buy one again no matter how cheap. Sera on the other hand, I have 6 x 4 outlet, 4 x 2 outlet and one single outlet. All are a minimum of one year old the oldest being a 4 outlet which is 3 years old and each and every one has never missed a beat.

My 2 cents.

HTH

Nick.

Hi guys,

I need a new air pump that is quiet and reliable.

Im planning to filter 2x 2x18x18

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Brands?

How noisy is Resun btw???

Please share your experience.

Thanx

Hung

Hi,

I had the same problem with noisy air pumps. Spoke to Anthony at Auburn Aquariums about the new Eheims.Ended up buying one and its great.Check out Sept Specials the prices are great.

Mick

I have a Schego in my study and it's super quiet and hasn't skipped a beat in 2 years.

Meanwhile the various low-cost imports have long since either failed or become noisy or suffer from quite reduced output... in the same time frame.

Sadly, Schego pump retail for some quite silly high prices. I have heard that the Eheim versions are very, very similar in performance and longevity.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Hi Hung,

I have a stellar 1 outlet and a stellar 2 outlet. both have been value for money. The single oulet one is over 3 years and has a little bit of noise, the other is about 2 years and is quiet enough (both are sitting on a pad of filter wool).

I saw a pump with a clear housing. I couldnt hear a thing (just bubbles), but I dont know what brand it was. Any ideas anyone?

HTH,

Ed.

smile.gif

My eterna 2 is quite noisy. I hang it off rubberbands to save further noise. Precision pumps are supposed to be quite good as well (aqua one now).

Anthony

Archived