convicts and bristlenose

transistor

Depends on how small of a tank.

I'm guessing though by small you mean a 2ft tank?

In short... I'd say no.

The convicts are considered a smaller fish, but they do get pretty big! And pretty damn angry. I think they may leave the BN alone, but there is the chance they may kill them.

Also I Would think that the convicts would eat the bristlenose fry if they saw them...

Well from my experience that's what's happened to me!

Good luck.

Cameron.

I've had them breed in the same tank. Spawning convicts try to knock the BN away from their spawning site but don't seem to do much damage. I've not seen much eat BN fry but others have. (My frontossa don't eat BN babies) On the other hand, as Cameron says, convicts are not really a small tank fish. They do survive but they are stunted by small tanks. Best to go for something like dwarf cichlids in a smaller tank.

I had both adult and fry convicts in a tank with a pair of BN and their bubs, and yes, the convicts both adult and fry ate the BN fry any chance they got.

If you are breeding the bristlenose to actually raise and use, then i would suggest not doing it in the same tank, but if they are just in there for viewing pleasure and you're not fussed about the loss of fry, then go for it.

Archived