Opinions sort please

CThompson

What about the possibility of putting a UGF plate behind it and having the return from the pump pushing through that?

It would alleviate dead-spots in the flow and dead-spots behind the wall...

Is there a detrimental effect for this?

Cheers - OziOscar.

Nice thought OziOscar,

I have been thinking of putting sheet filter wool behind it as a biomedia, the sheet filter wool that is really tough and can be washed out time and time again. This stuff should stand the test of time, and I have been wondering how concerned I should be about dead spots and so on. Following on from your idea I could use rather than UGF, I could use UGJ.

Thanks for your input - I like your idea.

Craig

do you really want to be reaching behind there weekly?

I'd maybe punch some holes & have powerheads behind the background with their outlet through a small hole - if you really want worry about the dead water space back there that is

do you really want to be reaching behind there weekly?

I'd maybe punch some holes & have powerheads behind the background with their outlet through a small hole - if you really want worry about the dead water space back there that is

Why would I have to go behind there weekly Ash? If I use UGJ placed vertical behind the background, and pump water in from the outlet side of a filter (clean water), the media I am considering to put behind the background should stay clean.

If I put the actual power head behind the background, then sealed the background to the wall of the tank, how do I get to the power head should it need work?

I am thinking of putting a T junction on the outlet side of my filter, which I was going to do anyway so as to attach a denitrate filter. In this case, off this T junction, I put a couple of extra ones and pump water from here to behind the backgrounds, just bleeding off more water from the fist T junction. Nothing can go wrong behind the backgrounds then that I would need to gain access as there will be no moving parts. The only thing I need to take into consideration is that the water coming off this first T junction and being dispersed behind two backgrounds and the denitrate filter is clean. For this I might make an extra in line home made canister filter for that final scrubbing (for which I would use that blue fine filter wool). If anything gets through this, it won’t be held up in the media behind the background.

Archived