Noise from bulkhead

Mizark

Does anybody have any ideas to stop the slurping noise from my bulkheads. The water level is just on top of the bulkhead but it is pulling air from the top. Without the strainers it doesnt make much noise but with them on it is really loud. I have though about putting a breather hole on top of the 90 degree bend that comes off the bulkhead so the air can get pulled in from there instead. What does everybody think will this help or does anybody have any other ideas.

Thanks Mark

Does anybody have any ideas to stop the slurping noise from my bulkheads. The water level is just on top of the bulkhead but it is pulling air from the top. Without the strainers it doesnt make much noise but with them on it is really loud. I have though about putting a breather hole on top of the 90 degree bend that comes off the bulkhead so the air can get pulled in from there instead. What does everybody think will this help or does anybody have any other ideas.

Thanks Mark

Google Durso Stand Pipe.

Craig

on durso's site under the modifications there is an external overflow option which should suit your application - though you may have to replace the 90deg bends with tee pieces

Yeh I saw that but it would be a pain in the bum. I was thinking of just drilling into the top of my already existing 90 degree bend & fixing a 10mm bit of pipe about 5-7cm high what do you think. I could also probably use 20mm if anybody thinks that would be better. What do you think.

Mizark,

I had 40mm stainless strainers on my 6x2 and they were noisy, I changed to plastic (commercial sump pump strainers) that are slotted not perforated and the problem was solved.

40mm plastic sump pump strainers from Philmac at, I think Wetherill Park (was at Penshurst)

40mm stainless steel strainers from Brooks Irrigation supplies at Monro st, Kirrawee.

cheers

glenn

Yeh I am already using Plastic Strainers but I was just talking to a mate at my LFS and he said feed a bit of air line down the pipe up to above the water level & it should stop it so I will go home at lunch & give it a go.

Archived