Firemouth cichlid?

D.apps

I think i remember seeing them for sale in aus. but not quite sure. are they available, would a small colony (6) be compatible with 1 pair of convicts in a 3ft x 20" x 20" tank?

My convicts are in with tetras and a rainbow shark and catfish etc... with about 2 dozen fry and they are territorial but not all that aggressive? cons (5-8 cms)

Thorichthys meeki the Firemouth is available in most LFS in Australia

They are more bluff than fight and show this best by having multiple pairs in a tank

where they can defend their territory by posturing when puffing out the brachy membrane around the throat

I would have second thoughts about putting them where there is already a breeding pair of convicts of that size but it might work out seeing as the tank is 36 x 20 x 20 and there are other fish there

Try to arrange the tank so the convicts have structure (rocks , wood , plants) to semi contain them to where they breed

Look for minimum 5cm size Firemouths as they will stand the best chance of establishing themselves

As I said before they form pairs but buying 6 is a good way to start

Best of luck with the tank

cool.gif L2H

Hi,

I have 4 of these little beauties 4-5 cm left over from a purchase of 17 for a friend.

I am happy for them to go to a good home for $30.

Ring 4782 9764 if interested.

Cheers

Sorry that i didnt call you today chipimbi, I was really hung-over and had to go for a swim in the water hole! anyway let me know what sex they are and Ill try to give you a call tommorrow, Also can you ship them to southern highlands, or even sydney, ta

Hi,

I am sure we can come to some arrangement.

Had a good look at them and am nearly certain that there are two females and two males, although the females are not showing full colour yet smile.gif .

Speak soon

Cheers

Archived