Trying to lighten up this section!

wazza

Hi guys

This part of the forum seems a bit quiet so i thought it lighten it up a bit! biggrin.gif

I just thought id give you a link to a whole gallery of 'Amano' tanks. The majority of these tanks are simply breathtaking.

NB. I dont think that the tanks under the Taiwanese heading are actually amano but im positive that the rest are.

For those of you that didnt already know. Takashi Amano is a famous Japanese photographer that aquascaped and photograph a number of beatiful tanks. When we here the term 'Amano tank' it basically means a tank that is so beautiful that it could have been aquascaped by Takashi Amano himself. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

His style of aquascaping is vastly different to 'The Dutch' style which is based on 'fish over plants' he revolutionised the world of aquascaping in places other than Europe.

Amano Tanks

Enjoy!

I wonder if they are Takashi Amano's tanks, or just styled to look like his; if they are his, I wonder if permission was sought to post them. I know Amano has his own website for Aqua Journal.

I was told on another forum that they were his tank and were affiliated with his site AquaJournal. unsure.gif

Oh and what do you mean by

wonder if permission was sought to post them
??? I didnt compile them i just found the link and posted it up. So if i am in the wrong please tell me i didnt mean any harm.

But you didnt even comment on the tanks sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

G'day wAz

I dont think you have done anything wrong, and can certainly see that you meant no harm.

I think PHL was hoping that permission had been sought by that website, not by you.

They are awesome tanks, and very dangerous to look at. Every time I look at some of his tanks I get the urge to do a planted tank....

unsure.gif

Oh and what do you mean by
wonder if permission was sought to post them
??? I didnt compile them i just found the link and posted it up. So if i am in the wrong please tell me i didnt mean any harm.

As Baz pointed out, I meant that site, not you. I love Amano's tanks, and have a couple of his books, which looks even better. smile.gif

Having tried a few of his ideas, it's quite a high maintenance tank, which is fine if you are willing to do it (he has staff). But yes, they are an artform; he started as a photographer, so he really knows what looks good.

Wow, they are indeed very impresive tanks. I might going to change my 3ft goldfish tank to planted tank.

Not that hard; I've always had planted goldfish tank. My final list of survivors are Vals, Microsorum, Bolbitis, Ceratopteris (but can make a mess with the plantlets), Crypts, Ambulia (if fertilised substrate, otherwise goldfish eats faster than Ambulia grows), Rotala rotundifolia (see Ambulia), Echinodorus (see Ambulia), and so far Apogeneton.

Archived