Riddle me this...

kemst

I was at an electronic retail shop in Merrylands (West Sydney) today and there was a tank with a mix of fish I never thought possible.

1 Frontosa

2 electric blues (?)

1 fish that looked a bit like an electric yellow but wasn’t (it had a black dorsal and a yellow-ish body with light vertical bands ????)

and two large goldfish!!!! shock.gif

Ok. How does this work?

All fish were large(ish). The water was kinda green .... I was only in there for a minute (picking something up while they were closing) so I didn't get a great look...I didn't really see a heater...

so wussup? dntknw.gif

If anyone is curious I can let them know where it is (can I name names in general post?)

You arent critcising the business in any way, theyre not even an aquarium! You're merely asking why people think those fish would survive together. In other words I doubt there'd be anything terribly threatening about naming the place. Hell, it might even make a couple of forum members stop by to have a look, bringing the shop more would-be customers smile.gif

Goldfish and frontosa don't mix well, I had a few gold fish with a frontosa and the frontosa used them for food before I knew what happened. To make it more interesting, the frontosa basically left all the fry of the Julie pair alone. Kind of makes me wonder

Mods...is it ok to name in this instance? If so please let me know. I don't know if a bunch of fish fans popping in from time to time will confuse the hell out of the vendors though laugh.gif

In the meantime, I'm going to try and get a pic (if I can get there during office hours again) to post.

It really didn't make sense to me...but maybe I saw wrong - or maybe there are some bad boy goldfish looking tropicals out there that I just don't recognise. dntknw.gif

I'll try get some pictures if I can sometime next week.

• 3 weeks later...

The fan tail goldie is very nice. But its tail looks shredded. The fronnie probably has a go at it from time to time.

The other "cross" methinks is an Electric Yellow. Just a bad one thats all... *shrugs*

Archived