Baby Bristlenose

Neil

Ive 12 off 3week old babies they are in there own small 20litre tank at the moment there isn't a heater in the tank .They have doubled in size and are very active.

Do they need a heater considering they are inside the house and summer is upon us?

Thanx

Neil <_< :rolleyes: :^: :blink

Neil,

Condsidering the coming of summer and the heat that will be upon us. You may not need a heater. But i would monitor the temperature in your tank very closely and at any sign of a drop put a heater in. So its probably best if you:

a) Monitor temperature closely

OR

b) Just put a heater in for a security blanket.

(I personally would have a heater in the tank for a security blanket but its your choice)

wazza

Hey Wariwck, wanna check your sig?? :): :wacko:

I don't get too pedantic about heaters, depending on the fish. These river type fish can handle some changes in temp. Just keep an eye on it. Colder temps mean the fish slow down, eat less etc, so if yours are doing fine and growing heaps you must be doing something right. :^:

Hi,

I have two tanks of bristlenoses which breed continuously and they don't have heating. They are, however, in a room where the door is kept closed, esp, through the colder months. Through winter the tanks sit at around the 20 degree mark.

merjo

:D :^:

Thanx merjo, fiona,wazza that puts my mind at ease. They have been doing laps since they went in a week back.

Neil

Archived