Preferences?

Partly to break the three day silence on this part of the forum and partly to create healthy discussion about tonite's NSWCS AGM, are there any forum members we should be supporting for positions on the NSWCS committee? I've made a few discreet enquiries and found that some things have changed so I thought this open forum may help introduce some worthwhile info before the big meet. clap.gif btw is the mini-auction on tonite as well? dntknw.gif

Hi Jason and all,

I would like to remain on committee again this year, if the members so choose -and have a position in mind smile.gif .

There are quite a few present committee members that are choosing not to run so it is anyone's guess who will be nominated, choose to accept or decline and get voted in dntknw.gif

My personal opinion is that Jassila (an accountant by trade and nature) has made an excellent treasurer and if she stands for this position she will get my vote thumb.gif

Anthony, Kevin, Roland and John F. have been wonderful team mates this year and I would not hesitate to be associated with them once again in any capacity smile.gif .

I can imagine no one other than Bill on the Trade table raisehand.gif

Matthew, Sue F., Gus, and Andreas who although not on committee have worked their ............ off for us I support wholeheartedly if they choose to run.

It would also be my pleasure to stand alongside Charlie Wright once again.

To anyone that I have missed I apologise, I believe you know who you are.

To anyone else that is thinking of running the commitment is HUGE. If you are unable to attend, not only every meeting but also every committe meeting then reconsider. The behind the scenes stuff can be overwhelming and I am a hard taskmaster woot.gif

I am not a political animal so the club is one of friends and aquaintances and of course all about the FISH. It is up to the members to decide who they would like to organise the monthly meets. Please, please, please note that this is MY opinion only.

Remember, only financial members can vote so come and see me to renew your membership, if you haven't already done so.

Would love to see lots of you there, and after the boring stuff is over, and the meeting once again in full swing to be able to have a chat. And YES the not so mini, mini auction is on.

Cheers

Aline Sinclair

Membership Officer

NSWCS

Thanks for that info Aline, I too would like to see many of the current committee members returned in some capacity, as well as folks like Gus, Kevin and Chris who's combined knowledge of the society and cichlids in general is beyond reproach. Are we going to see talented 'lurkers' like Craig P put his hat into the ring this year? Will Ducksta decide to become the devil himself instead of the devil's advocate? wink2.gif Will MikeW do something more creative with his spare time other than lurking on ACE chatrooms woot.gif So much potential for exitement and thrillery (?)

Who else is prepared to accept the call? dntknw.gif

Jason, unfortunately the commitment is too big for me.

"If you are unable to attend, not only every meeting but also every committe meeting then reconsider. "

Given that in a 3-4 year period I can count the meetings I have attended without needing my toes I just couldn't make it happen.

Personally I think it is a shame that Anthony cannot remain president for another year (or more). I wonder if anyone would bring a movement to change the constitution to allow him to?

Anyway, I will be in Gosford tonight, happy voting smile.gif

Archived