55l Psuedo Iwagumi

punie

Hi Guys,

This is the first time i'm putting up a scape for scrutiny.

Do give me your valued comments and suggestions.

user posted image

user posted image

Aquascape Details:

Size: ~55l (50cm x 25cm x 38cm)

Lighting: 2 x 36w PL (10hrs a day)

Substrate: Eco-Complete

C02: Pressurised at 30ppm

Flora: HC, Echinodorus 'Tenellus'

For your valued comments/suggestions please.

Cheers,

Jerome

the tank looks really cool, it really has a calming effect, and i like how you positioned your rocks, to finish it off i would add a background to the back of the tank, perhaps a all black backing paper to the back and something to the back right corner of the tank (it just looks abit bare on that side)......JMO clap.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

the tank looks really cool, it really has a calming effect, and i like how you positioned your rocks, to finish it off i would add a background to the back of the tank, perhaps a all black backing paper to the back and something to the back right corner of the tank (it just looks abit bare on that side)......JMO  :clap  :thumb  :thumb

Thanks for the kind comments slinky.

The tank originally had a black background but i've removed it, because it made the tank look smaller in photos.

The bare corner is there because the plants won't creep there. The equipment (c02, filter in/outlets, heaters) block out most of the light there, resulting in a bare patch.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

hey that's a really really beautiful serene tank. looks so calming. i could stare at it for hours. i just think you need some fish in it to give it some more life and excitement.

some cardinals or something strikingly colourful.

is that glossostigma? what kinda plants are they? the rocks look great!

what kinda gravel you using?

I agree with the other 2 suggestions.

A background (but I have no idea what colour compliments a planted tank?)

And a schoal of small fish to give it some movement thumb.gif

Great tank all the same.

because it made the tank look smaller in photos.

you did do a great job making the tank look bigger than a 50cm tank clap.gifclap.gif

and yeh, a school of small fishes would also look great, perhaps a school of neons or cardinals, IMO i think the added blues and reds would look really nice

because it made the tank look smaller in photos.

you did do a great job making the tank look bigger than a 50cm tank :clap:clap

and yeh, a school of small fishes would also look great, perhaps a school of neons or cardinals, IMO i think the added blues and reds would look really nice

I've got Neon Rainbows in there, good dash of red/blue, but i removed them for the photo shoot because the $%^&(^^%$%$&^&%!!!! wouldn't stay still for teh camera.. lol

I've got Neon Rainbows in there, good dash of red/blue, but i removed them for the photo shoot because the $%^&(^^%$%$&^&%!!!! wouldn't stay still for teh camera.. lol

LOL.gifLOL.gif , and jst a question, wat does 'Psuedo Iwagumi' mean btw

:lol3:  :lol3: , and jst a question, wat does 'Psuedo Iwagumi' mean btw

Iwagumi describes the rock layout, a zen concept of using rocks for land/aqua-scaping. Try doing a search on it on google.

Psuedo because its a wannabe Iwagumi, and its not quite there yet. As they say, I've not attained Zen yet.. LOL

Does the Eco COmplete substrate come in black like that? Or did you add ordinary black gravel? Also, what plant is the ground cover?

P.S tank looks amazing! i love it.

Does the Eco COmplete substrate come in black like that? Or did you add ordinary black gravel? Also, what plant is the ground cover?

P.S tank looks amazing! i love it.

Eco Complete does come just like that, all black, best thing is, no laterite or whatnot is needed. Its an all in one substrate, no laterite cloud blooms when pulling out plants.

If you're interested, email me @ xxdivinityxx@hotmail.com i can refer you to a source.

The foreground plant is Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba'', The smallest known aquatic plant in our hobby.

Thanks for you kind comments!

Cheers,

Jerome

Great looking tank!!! clap.gif

how long did it take to cover the whole tank with those plants foreground plants?

putting in like only 15-20 cardinals would be nice!!,,+ maybe a couple or 3 discus

Archived