tanks/racks/sump-electricity-advice?

couchy

yea i know it isn't alot. And with the air con installed is isn't too bad.

What im going to do is just line the sides and backs of the tanks in the foam. Get some cheap low wattage lights with timers and just use my water heaters.

My old man isn't keen on lining the room with foam and recons that if i keep it all closed the double brick all the way around will keep it insulated.

on hotter days eg 24 degrees and over i will keep the door open from lets say 8 in the morning till 5 in the arvo and shut it over night this will also help keep the tanks heat loss minimal.

thanks for all the help.

ryan

I plan to sump all my tanks shortly and i am in the planning stage.

One thought i did have was using black poly pipe coiled up on the roof of my shed. This would get water pumped through it during the hotter parts of the day from a separate pump in the sump.

Anyone ever done this or put some thought to it?

My concerns are

Water temperature variation- I guess a large volume of water would take some heating and would not vary to quickly

Power usage - does running a pump for 4 r's to the roof give more benefit than heaters churning away during the night/ cooler parts of the day.

I was thinking i may need thermostat control to only pump water to the roof when temp is above tank temperature

Any thoughts?

I went the hole hog with the fishroom insullation will sealed 6mm fibre-cement walls and ceiling with r4 batts (cause it gets real cold down here) and My quarterly power bill went up $100 compared to this time last year I spent about $500 on insullation and wall cladding alone but I own my own home and I do not intend to move so for me it was worth. I went from 4 tanks to 19 with plans to get 3-4 more and with no change to my heating (I will still heat the room) and centralised air the only cost will be the tanks and racks, I am happy with the way things have turned out.

cheers

Rosco

Archived