Best place for cabinets

Shell

I am looking to buy a timber cabinet and a 6x2x2 foot tank for a display set-up in Canberra. It has to be display quality timber cabinet with hood and well made. Am willing to look for someone in the Sydney/NSW area who makes cabinets so would love some ideas of the best places to look for cabinets and tanks.

Any ideas guys???

I am looking to buy a timber cabinet and a 6x2x2 foot tank for a display set-up in Canberra. It has to be display quality timber cabinet with hood and well made. Am willing to look for someone in the Sydney/NSW area who makes cabinets so would love some ideas of the best places to look for cabinets and tanks.

Any ideas guys???

I don't really have any solid suggestions sorry but if you find anything good please let us know. I've been looking lately in various Aquarium stores here in Sydney and became quite depressed when I saw the quality of some of the locally made cabinets/hoods sold. Most of them seemed to be roughly made and uneven when constructed, they were not of good display quality at all.

Visually I like the new range of Aqua One aquariums (sample here) but have not inspected them thoroughly enough to get an idea of their construction quality. I think all Aqua One aquarium furniture is imported from China is it not? Anyway, externally wise they look to be good display furniture but they come at a price and I'm not sure they can be purchased separately.

Looking at the Aquafurn aquariums they don't seem too bad but I can't recall seeing any of their products at the aquarium stores I've visited lately.

I recommend Aquafurn. They are a company in sydney. They make nice stands, nice prices, and good service. Their site can be found at www.aquafurn.com.au

Good luck

AdamR,

I was told Aquafurn only wholesale, is this not correct?

I sent an email price query to their web site some five weeks ago, that to this day I am still waiting for a response to.

I’m making my own cabinet now, so their lack professionalism has paid off for me with the money I will save thumb.gif .

Craig

There ya go Shell - Craig will make one for you - if you ask him nicely enough.  LOL.gif  hug.gif

WAZ.  thumb.gif

When I saw the link notification was from WAZ, I said to myself, “is it worth the effort to look at it?”

I should have stuck with my first impression.

Just to further my recommendation of Xtreme Aquariums (was a little rushed with my last post) A major part of Wayne and Rebecca's business is commercial manufacturing and leasing of display aquariums for Sydney businesses, which is why they are one of the few manufacturers that can manufacter rolled/curved glass tanks. If their cabinets were shabby then the clients wouldn't want them in their foyers etc. Check out their website as they have a special on furniture atm. Xtreme

I have been reliably informed that Wayne uses Aquafurn to make the cabinets, therefore I modify my recommendation thus, Aquafurn, purchased through Xtreme Aquariums bigsmile.gif

Archived