A Great RSPCA Pet Store

st11x

Hi,

I was holidaying in Queensland a couple of days back and going on the Pacific Highway to the Gold Coast from Brisbane. I came across a huge Pet store - World Pets (something like that, it's opposite IKEA across the highway) - along the side of the highway going up to Brisbane. It's somewhere near to Springwood.

There was a huge section on aquarium products and the prices are very good. I bought a couple of things greedily. According to the staff, it's the first store by the RSPCA in Australia. Hope they open up more such stores elsewhere, especially in the ACT where I live biggrin.gif

If you happen to be in the vicinity, do pop in to have a look.

Matt

will have to check it out next time i'm up that way. what i reckon would be a good idea would if the rspca could approve stores which meet their standards, ie have rspca endorced stores, or is that pretty much what this store is.

cheers James

Thanks for the website Rod. That's the store.

Yeah, they sell lots of heaters, and all sorts of filters. Obscure brands but does the same job as the higher priced ones. I saw a filter that is similar to the AquaClear Mini but going for about 10 bucks. Not sure of the quality though.

They were also selling all sorts of ornaments, fish foods, and tanks. One tank which caught my eye came with the a very solid burgurdy varnish cabinet. It was like 2400++ dollars. I haven't reached that level yet wink.gif

Matt

I heard that they are selling mini HOB filters that do about 5 gallon tanks for under $10!

I hope they open up a store in Sydney... that would be great!

Archived