Water Tanks

Matthew

G'day

One of the next steps in fishroom construction saga is working out what colour water tank I should get.

I initially thought of Black as this would get the water as warm as possible. (This was on a day like today and it is particularly cold). However when summer rolls around I may have the opposite problem. dntknw.gif

PS. The colour is not relevant as the tank will be at the back of the house.

Any thoughts?

I would check with your local council as some of them place restrictions on even the colour of your water tanks. I went for a green tank as it blended in with the shed and the surrounding area.

Ged

I take it that this water tank is to be place outdoors? If that is the case, regardless of colour, you may want to think about insulating it. Either wrapping it in some sort of insulation material, or building a box around it with the internal walls insulated (polystyrene would do this).

Craig

G'day

Yes the tank is to go outside. It will relatively little sun.

Why would it be best to insulate the tank?

Thanks Matthew...

It will relatively little sun

If this is the case black will absorb very little solar energy so it doesnt matter which colour you pick. IMO Ged is on the right track.

Insulating it is a complete waste of money and effort if its to be outside. Unless it in danger of freezing hysterical.gif . You will not slow the inevitable nearly enough to bother. If in full sun, a shade is all thats required dry.gif

Cheers,

Jason

Archived